How To Apply
Thank you for your interest in Malmstrom AFB Homes! We look forward to welcoming you to your new home and want to make sure the application and leasing process is as convenient and efficient as possible.
Active duty Air Force families assigned to Malmstrom AFB can get an application started to live at Malmstrom AFB Homes in a variety of ways:
We work together with our Military Housing Partner at the installation to seamlessly manage your application and leasing process. As part of the application process you will need to provide the following documentation:
- BBC Housing Application
- AF Form 4422
- AF Form 1746
- Copy of orders (AF Form 899)
- LES Statement
After you contact our Leasing Office we will provide the required housing application that needs to be completed and submitted to the Air Force Housing Management Office (HMO) along with all requested documents. Please note that applications must be submitted within 30 days of arrival. Once your application is reviewed by the HMO, you will be referred back to our team to start the process of assigning a home. One of our leasing specialists will review your housing eligibility based on your rank and family size. You can also visit the Neighborhoods
page to learn a little more about our home styles. Upon arrival at Malmstrom AFB, you will check in at our Leasing Office to provide a copy of your current LES Statement and review next steps.
The MHO will determine your eligibility date for housing by using the criteria below. Please note that you will move up and down on the wait list as other families may have earlier eligibility dates based upon this same criteria.
- If you are PCSing and are within the 30 day window, your eligibility date is the day you left your previous station (as verified by clearing papers).
- If you are PCSing and do not apply within the 30-day window, your eligibility date is the date of your application.
- If you are coming from an unaccompanied tour (e.g. Korea), your eligibility date is the date you departed your previous duty station for the unaccompanied tour, with a maximum credit of 14 months.
- If this is your first duty station and you are married, your eligibility date is your date of entry into the military. If you were married after the date of entry, your eligibility date is the date of the marriage.